Challenge Sailcloth really hit the nail with their new Ecopak™ EPX series of waterproof fabric. This is the perfect fabric for all of your outdoor bag needs and is used regularly by backpack and bike bag makers worldwide! This fabric is made out of 100% recycled polyester components and uses a C0 DWR (no fluorocarbons)!
Cool things about this fabric:
- 200D face fabric, 45° CrossPly, 70D white ripstop fabric.
- The woven fabric is 100% Repreve recycled polyester.
- Proprietary Challenge RUV recycled film backing is 100% recycled and 97% UV Resistant.
- 45 degree Blue recycled CrossPly yarn improves pattern orientation and reduces cutting waste.
- Every yard of ECOPAK™ saves over one pound of CO2, compared to nylon pack fabric.
- ECOPAK™ contains no harmful TPU, PVC, DWR or other coatings.
- CO2 emissions from manufacturing this recycled polyester are 50% lower than Nylon, 38% lower than virgin film, comparable to organic cotton.
This fabric is sold per linear half yard.
Tear Strength - ATSM D2261: Warp: 26.7 lb , Fill 24.8 lb
Abrasion - ATSM 3884: 500 Cycles
Waterproof: 200+ PSI , 13.8+ Bar
Weight: 5.9 oz/yd