This is one of the heavier-weight options in the Ecopak™ EPX series. This is the perfect fabric for heavy wear packs and bags and is often used as pack bottoms or in high-wearing designs. This fabric is made out of 100% recycled polyester components and uses a C0 DWR (no fluorocarbons)!
Cool things about this fabric:
- A tight weave and textured yarn gives the EPX600 a supple hand with comparable durability and stitch-holding, but double the abrasion resistance of 500d Cordura.
- 600D face fabric, 45° CrossPly, 70D white ripstop fabric.
- The woven fabric is 100% Repreve recycled polyester.
- Proprietary Challenge RUV recycled film backing is 100% recycled and 97% UV Resistant.
- 45 degree Blue recycled CrossPly yarn improves pattern orientation and reduces cutting waste.
- Every yard of ECOPAK™ saves over one pound of CO2, compared to nylon pack fabric.
- ECOPAK™ contains no harmful TPU, PVC, DWR or other coatings.
- CO2 emissions from manufacturing this recycled polyester are 50% lower than Nylon, 38% lower than virgin film, comparable to organic cotton.
This fabric is sold per linear half yard.
Tear Strength - ATSM D2261: Warp: 42.6 lb , Fill 39.7 lb
Abrasion - ATSM 3884: 2,000 Cycles
Waterproof: 200+ PSI , 13.8+ Bar
Width: 56 in , 142 cm
Weight: 9.97 oz/yd² , 338 gsm